6.08.2010

BNB ARTIST CHECK-IN : JBIZNESS

BNB Artist Check-in
JBIZNESS

What are you currently working on?

Basically, doing what I wanna do for a change. I produced track #12 (Before The Night Is Over) on Little Brother's last LP, LeftBack in April 2010. That was an unexpected blessing.

ALSO: I'm doing a monthly segment on the OkayPlayer site, FWMJ's Rappers I Know called J. Bizness' 3P Series. 3 new songs, every month, from 1 different artist, all produced by me. We started in April and now we're heading into month 3 (June).

Aside from those, we'll see what the future holds.

Have you done any collabs since BNB last heard from you?  If so, who are you working with?

- I solely produced a project with Trek Life called Rhymes Within Reason which was released at the end of March 2010. I'll also be featured on Trek Life's new LP, Everything Changed Nothing (produced by Oddisee), in July 2010. I hoping to finish collaborations with a few different artists this year. Can't say much until things are finished. I just ended a mini tour called The Cali Famous Tour w/ Trek Life, Basicali, and Hawdwerk & Jansport J.

BNB's forever gonna be a huge fan of yours, BUT who are YOU a fan of these days?

Mr. Sobers aka Maestro Montana, Richard Wright, Skeem Price, Tomorrow Yesterday, Diamond District, Strong Arm Steady, The Foreign Exchange, Grizzly Bear, Ab-Soul, Kendrick Lamar, Mic Holden, Mykestro, Willie B, Hawdwerk & Jansport J, Buff1, St. Vincent, Toro Y Moi... Countless others.

If you could put together your dream tour, who would it include? 

Most of the names above would make for a GREAT tour. Mr. Sobers aka Maestro Montana, Richard Wright, Skeem Price, Tomorrow Yesterday, Trek Life, and Diamond District for starters.
 
Anything else you wanna say to the people?

I'm just thankful for the opportunity to share music that I like with like-minded folks. I'm VERY humbled by people's interest in hearing from me & my folks and I hope everyone continues to tune in. Thank YOU again, BNB, for reaching out to little ol' me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Missed: