5.26.2010

BNB FRIEND OF THE WEEK - DJ ORATOR


First off, tell us who you are, who you be, what you do...

Im Dj Orator. Iv been active in the LA Hiphop Scene over 10 Years. Worked for Sway & Tech of the wake up show for 5 years and Djed and Produced Divine Forces Radio on KPFK 90.7 for 8 years.

What started your music career?

Met Sway, Tech and Carmelita at a video shoot and they decided to put me on.

What inspires you to do what you do?

 
Great Music, Great fans And Hiphop culture is what keeps me going.

Tell us one secret, one truth, and one lie.

One secret "Im really into fashion" I watch runway fashion shows all the time.
One Truth "Kinda board with the lack of talent in the Dj and club scene" (When did being popular become more importent then skillz?)
One lie "I'm really a superhero in disguise"
 
If you could listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Thats a hard one. I would make my self a mixtape and use that. Lol!! I would out tons of stuff produced by Quincy Jones on it. Quincy Jones is the greatist producer of all times!!

If you would win 10 million dollars, what would you do or buy?

I would build huge house on a beautiful island and move my Grandmother and Mother into it.

If you were not doing music, what would you be doing?

Sitting in jail or working a 9 to 5


To BLING or not to BLING?
 
BLING!!! All day!! Why not. African Kings and Queens did it.
 
What artists have you had the pleasure and honor working with? and who would you LIKE to work with?

Worked with lots of artist one way or another. You name it in hiphop and iv brobably done somthing. I'd love to work with Jazzy Jeff.
 
Any additional info, upcoming shows, projects, etc...

More radio things in the works, and I am now a member of "KPL" with DJ Kiilu Grand check out www.kpltv.net for more info. You can also catch me djing trendy Beverly Hills and Hollywood Partys every week. Peep the Twitter lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Missed: