4.01.2010

BNB ARTIST SPOTLIGHT - C-MINUS


C-Minus
 Fantastik 4our |  DJ for Lexicon | Producer | Remixer 
 And I play a helluva game of South Park Uno!
DJ with the Fantastik 4our(w/Mr. Choc, JRocc, & Truly OdD) and for Lexicon, produce(Lexicon, EODM, Team Sleep, etc) and remix stuff and things(Deftones, Queens Of The Stone Age, Serj Tankian, etc)

BNB: What would you say is your greatest strength
C-MINUS: my greatest strengths is my knowledge of music and knowing how to blend with good timing as a DJ. Its science..

BNB: Your momma always said...?
C-MINUS: It never hurts to ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no. Or my Grandma always says, 'the only 2 things you have to do in life are die and pay taxes. Everything else is an option.'

BNB: What is the most memorable moment you've had on your creative journey?
C-MINUS: Its a 4-way tie! 
a. Becoming the Fantastik 4our with Choc, J, and Truly. 
b. Playin to 85,000 people in Hyde Park in London along with The Foo Fighters, Motorhead, Queens Of The Stone Age, Juliette & the Licks, & Angels & Airwaves. It looked like I was playing for the big battle scene in Lord of the Rings. It was HUGE! 
c. Knowing the one & only Jay Dee and getting to watch him create in a few of his classic eras. 
d. Producing and mixing my 1st full album with Lexicon. It took 3 & 1/2yrs to complete. But I learned a lot about my sound and what I want to convey to the audience more and more. Hopefully that will be accomplished on my solo LP.

BNB: You thank GOD everyday that (other then you're alive)...?
C-MINUS: When I hear a good full record from beginning to end, like Deftones 'Diamond Eyes', Strong Arm Steady's 'In Search Of Stoney Jackson' or Them Crooked Vultures self-titled debut. They don't make albums like those as much.

BNB: You hate it most when people..?
C-MINUS: 2 things come to mind: when people assume. To assume makes an 'ass' out of 'u' & 'me'.. Or when people feel themselves too tough on Twitter. Its Twitter. A virtual universe that doesn't really exisist. Use it for promotion of yourself and your art, but don't get caught up.

BNB: SO...WHAT ELSE?
C-MINUS: I'm right smack dab in the middle of the making of my record. 6 songs in at the moment. It will be 1/2 instrumental and 1/2 vocals. Leaning a bit more towards my rock side of my personality as well as my weird Stereolab side. But Hip Hop will always be my backbone. Its what graduated me to other forms of music. Its what taught me timing and bars in music. So expect that to always be previlant in my music. Shout out to the Beat Junkies(my DJ Family) and any other DJ who puts it down for what you believe in and love. Words!..

No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Missed: