3.23.2010

BNB FRIEND OF THE WEEK - Cook Classics

 
COOK CLASSICS


1. First off, tell us who you are, who you be, what you do...

I am Cook Classics, I am extraordinary, and I write and produce music.

2. What started your music career?

Virtual Drummer - the most basic program you can think of.  I recorded my first beat ever in that during college about six or seven years ago.  That was the beginning of my obsession with making music.  I grew up in a creative family and my mom is also a singer, so I've always been inclined to create and work for myself.

3. What inspires you to do what you do?

Money...and sometimes good music.  But mostly the thought of huge stacks of money.  Like the kind you can fill a vault with and swim through like the old guy from Duck Tales.

4. Tell us one secret, one truth, and one lie..

I can't read, I'm daringly hansom, and one day I hope to walk on the moon.

5 If you could listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Michael Jackson - Thriller, because it's awesome.

6. If you would win 10 million dollars, what would you do or buy?

I'd buy a house that runs off solar energy with a studio, I'd buy a boat, I'd give my family a million bucks, and then I'd get on a plane and travel for 6 months.

7. If you were not doing music, what would you be doing?

I wouldn't mind being a pirate.  I always thought I had a knack for looting and plundering.

8. To BLING or not to BLING?

Duh, to BLING!

9. What artists have you had the pleasure and honor working with? and who would you LIKE to work with?

I've had the pleasure of working with Outasight, Pac Div, Shawn Jackson, UNI, Aloe Blacc, Diamond D, Sean Price, Freddie Gibbs, Avriel Epps, Miguel, Buff 1, Tunji, and a whole lot more.  I would like to work with Justin Timberlake, Andre 3000, Cee Lo, J Cole, Miike Snow, Little Dragon, B.O.B....the list goes on and is very eclectic.

10. Any additional info, upcoming shows, projects, etc...

I'm producing a big portion of the debut album from Outasight on Asylum/Warner.  That should be out this summer.  We have an EP coming out in March I believe via iTunes too.  I'm also working with Shawn Jackson, Freddie Gibbs, Avriel Epps, and Co$$ on their respective albums.  Finally, I have a project dropping in late April or early May called "Recharged" with all my production and featuring Pac Div, Sean Price, Outasight, Freddie Gibbs, Miguel and many more!  Tweet me at twitter.com/cookclassics

No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Missed: