10.09.2009

BNB FRIEND OF THE WEEK - Oddisee


ODDISEE

1. First off, tell us who you are, who you be, what you do...

I'm Oddisee, real name Amir Abdelmonem Abdelwahob Elkhalifa Mohamed. Sudanese/American producer from Washington DC. I make beats for your favorite artist and bring forth groups like the Diamond District.

2. What started your music career?

Learning how beats were made by sampling records from my homie Sean Born. He taught me how to make beats and I've been addicted ever since.


3. What inspires you to do what you do?

I make music for a living so I can live to make music. The inspiration it gives me is unsurpassed by nothing. A beat inspires me to rhyme, a rhyme inspires to me to make a beat.


4. Tell us one secret, one truth, and one lie..

Secret: I hate most underground Hip Hop.
Truth: I make an actual good living from Hip Hop.
Lie: I eat pork

5 If you could listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Marvin Gaye "What's going on" because that album was made in the 1970's and it still knows what's going on and will continue to do so.

6. If you would win 10 million dollars, what would you do or buy?

Lot's of stock and make 10 fafillion. Now what what would I buy with 10 fafillion is the real question black and bling.

7. If you were not doing music, what would you be doing?

I'd be an Arabic interpreter for the US government and make real money.

8. To BLING or not to BLING?

not to bling, no jewelry for me. However I do love to bling with y career.

9. What artists have you had the pleasure and honor working with? and who would you LIKE to work with?

I've worked with many artist that I grew up listening to, but working with Freeway is high up on the list. Reason is because his rhyme style influenced mine so it was an honor to see how he puts it together.


10. Any additional info, upcoming shows, projects, etc...

Diamond District's album "In The Ruff" October 27th on CD, Vinyl & Digital. twitter.com/oddisee Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Missed: