Baatin, nigga come back to earth.
There is nothing else to say.
I've been sitting here staring at an empty blog post window for 34 minutes and change.
I do have few notes before we let the beat ride out...
1. In the memory of 1/3 of the torch-bearing group of Detroit Hip-Hop, please respect the dead.
2. To my entrepreneurial brothas and sisters: DO NOT sell Baatin shirts and count profit for any reason other than to donate to his family (donations can be made via the rensoul.com link at the bottom)...
3. There are acapellas and instrumentals floating around: DO NOT "pay tribute" to tin the way y'all did that shit for dilla (i.e. by Remixing his first, middle, or last works and using it to Raise YOUR name up)... If you respect what Titus "Baatin" Glover meant to Detroit, and Hip-Hop, just think about what he meant to his family, and to his friends... They don't want to hear your vocals next to his...
3a. RAISE IT UP!
3b. RAISE IT UP!
3c. RAISE IT UP!
4. MAKE SOME MOTHER FUCKING NOISE.
6. Fuck this rap shit.
7. It's the Seven Eighty-Eight.
8. The whole world fell in love with the S...
Ay, it's like a ritual
You been invited let the mortal body stimulate the place
With the grace, nevertheless, I stress
Let the music put a smile on your face
As for the ritual, when it comes to spiritual excellence
You know I always leave you with the taste
I know you like it hard to the core
That's what you ask for, you achin for the best
Hurtin like a sore in that ass, like a ritual
Conversation with the most high makes me wanna cry
I wonder why, you wanna get to paradise
But that itty bitty part of you don't wanna die
So pay attention to my word, cuz it's the truth
Meditation ease the mind, and brings the youth
It's like a verse you could never read out of a book
Droppin the line in your mind like a fish hook
Word is birth, yo I do it till the break of day
Pay attention to your art, never go astray
Word is bond