8.16.2009

BNB FRIEND OF THE WEEK - Boog Brown


BOOG BROWN

1. First off, tell us who you are, who you be, what you do...
I am Boog Brown, lyricist, lover, fighter, rebel, dreamer, fly girl extraordinaire!

2. What started your music career?

Freestyle'n with the Neva Empty Crew in my college apartment in Ypsilanti MI and a strong attachment to the way good music makes me feel.

3. What inspires you to do what you do?

Real life shit keeps me inspired. From the homeless man who scolded me for cutting my hair outside the barbershop, to bein a heartbreaker and bein heartbroken, all of life.

4. Tell us one secret, one truth, and one lie..

Secret: If I wasn't doing music, I'd be a ballroom dancer.
Truth: I still don't know how to gracefully accept a compliment.
Lie: I never Lie...

5 If you could listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

The Golden Hour by 14KT is what comes to mind at the moment. Its so full of so many emotions and moods and moments in time and space. Its honest music. It challenges me to feel even when I don't want to.

6. If you would win 10 million dollars, what would you do or buy?

I'd probably still be doing what I love, making music except my dad would be better off financially and I would be in a dope lil spot right off the ocean with great light, a big garden and a home studio...and a lil herb the burn.

7. If you were not doing music, what would you be doing?

Somewhere in a miserable job working towards some other person's goals.

8. To BLING or not to BLING?

Get Rich!!!!!!!!!!

9. What artists have you had the pleasure and honor working with? and who would you LIKE to work with?

Ive worked with tons of artist, like Stahhr, Adrift da Belle, Invincible, Clan Destined, Aarophat, to name a few and producers like Illastrate, Marvwon, Houseshoes, Taraach, Lex Boogie and Magestik Legend. Id love to work with Badu, Nas, Black Spade and Madlib at the moment..

10. Any additional info, upcoming shows, projects, etc...

I have a coupla shows in the works for the upcoming week, one with the Iglootoo Alstars at Cenci on the 27 of July in Atlanta- to some tentative dates in Florida and Detroit. Miss Black America is the mixtape and it should be out very, very soon. Currently writing the album titled Dope Girl Magic.


Thanks for having me:)



----------------
Now playing: Aspect One - 06 You
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

What You Missed: