8.12.2008

Isaac Hayes - A Dedication.


After hearing of Isaac Hayes death, it took me a minute to really process it before I posted anything on BNB. I couldnt come up with a way to pay tribute to him that I felt was good enough. Ive been feeling hard pressed about posting an Rest In Peace dedication, but I just couldnt do it. Then I got this:

Words of DJ Haylow:

"I'm sure everyone has heard about the untimely death of two of the greatest members in the entertainment community, Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes. As shocking and devastating it is to hear that these to giants are no longer with us, I wanted to acknowledge they're passing and thank them for their contributions to the world.

Although Bernie Mac is a Legend in his own right, the loss of Isaac Hayes has impacted me more because of my love for music. To say he has left his mark in entertainment industry would be a huge understatement. Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Composer, Arranger, Actor, and Activist are a couple titles you can give him credit for, and in one way or another, whether we realize it or not, he has had an effect on us all.After hearing about is passing, I wanted to show my appreciation and gratitude, and I wanted to preserve his legacy the only way I know how.
On Monday, I put together a Mix of my favorite Ike songs, and even while recording it, he still did not cease to amaze me. His Funky, Soulful, Melodic, Smooth (I could go on!) sound will never be forgotten. Isaac Hayes, Rest in Peace.


Please Download the mix entitled "So Soulful", and feel free to share with anyone and everyone:

SINGLE TRACK VERSION ===> http://www.zshare.net/audio/169036555cbc874d/

TRACKED OUT VERSION ===> http://www.zshare.net/download/1690205484d1d4fb/

Download this with love yall. Listen with respect. Close your eyes and feel real soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What You Missed: